Friday, 21 October 2016

Day 5

There are no trains running today so we thought we would go to Positano which is the town you have to see on the Amalfi coast.
We got a bus for the very reasonable cost of €1.80 each - it's about 45 mins 

It's a beautiful town - if you can handle the steep steps. Our legs are going to feel the strain tomorrow.
I wonder if I can bring this home in my suitcase - 

We found a nice place for some lunch

Spaghetti with clams and ravioli with spinach and ricotta if you're wondering 
Then it started to rain ......... and rain 

An excuse to trade up from a glass of wine to a bottle while the thunderstorm passes over.
We got the boat back to Sorrento so some lovely views 


And then a bit of sunset over Capri ....... magical


Moody shot of Coral

Despite the weather a lovely day out - but we need to work a bit harder at the culture side of things - so I think Herculaneum tomorrow to go back to 79AD for some Roman history.



No comments:

Post a Comment